Going to keep her for awhile so I have questions for you all.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to keep my 2006 HSE for at least another year or two. Currently sitting at 59k on the clock. My questions are regarding preventative maintenance and what bits I should look at.

I tow a 21' mastercraft wakeboard boat and go off road for bird hunting in the fall. So I prefer the LR not be the reason to miss any one of these weekends, as they are short living in wisconsin.

I change the oil every 4k with amsoil and k&n filter, so that is covered.

Heard a lot lately about differential failure and just purchased 3 quarts of LR gear oil. Have never changed differential oil but should be as easy as drain plug and filler cap....right?

What else should I replace/change, any guidelines? Thinking trans fluid and coolant next.

Oh and I absolutely love this truck only vehicle to replace it will be an LR4!

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my experience, fluid changes on transmission and diffs should be every 50-60k, especially if you tow something or use your vehicle offroad a lot. I've got over 117k now on my 2005, and haven't encountered any issues with trans or diffs. Most of my issues have been control arm bushings, which just don't hold up more than 50-60k from my experience.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my experience, fluid changes on transmission and diffs should be every 50-60k, especially if you tow something or use your vehicle offroad a lot. I've got over 117k now on my 2005, and haven't encountered any issues with trans or diffs. Most of my issues have been control arm bushings, which just don't hold up more than 50-60k from my experience.

Thanks for the info, are there aftermarket ones that are better? If I replace the control arm bushings will it need an alignment?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM