low gear mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

disc03

Reaction score
i notice that when i shift to low gear,no lights will come on the dash board indicating that i'm on low gear.does my 2003 disco se equipped with "TC" ?every time i turn the ignition on i see a "TC" light on the dashboard.when i shift it to low gear i know it's engage cause it's a neck breaker!

any info will be much appreciated thank you.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure I follow you. Traction Control is always active unless you have an ABS fault, it doesn't matter what gear you are in.

All the Traction Control does is pulse the brakes on a spinning wheel to allow the other wheels to get traction.

Keep in mind you Rover being all wheel drive really means it is one wheel drive if that one wheel starts to spin. so the TC will keep wheel spin to a minimum.

Hope this helps.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't have an indicator light come on when in low range, past that I am not sure what else you are looking for.
If you have a manual read it, COMPLETELY, if not buy one, it will help you.
Have you checked to see if your engine is on Rovers vin list for possible failing engines, how about your front drive shaft, has it been rebuilt/replaced yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM