Lower control arm replacements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few threads on this already, and several youtube videos. For the latter, it's the same on a LR4 as it is an LR3. LR3 is what will show up on youtube.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's easy if the bushings aren't seized. If they are, you need a plasma cutter or something like a hackzall.

Elohite

Reaction score
It’s not too difficult, I did it the other week and it was my first time doing control arms. I did the Lucky8 kit with poly bushings. Also replaced sway bar end links and the front sway bar bushings while I was at it. The upper bolt on the driver side front sway bar bushing bracket was the biggest PITA on the entire thing. I definitely recommend having a Sawzall type tool on hand, I ended up cutting both LCAs for easier removal. Just watch a few YouTube videos for guidance. And be sure to get an alignment after.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also be careful with spares, I put a set of lca's in last year and they are already clunking after 11k miles and about 500 off-road.

yes, they were installed correctly and no I don't beat the car. just a case of you get what you pay for I think.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also be careful with spares, I put a set of lca's in last year and they are already clunking after 11k miles and about 500 off-road.

yes, they were installed correctly and no I don't beat the car. just a case of you get what you pay for I think.
Where did you buy from? I'm at 10,000 miles on my LK8 arms (and wheel hub assemblies) and I've also done probably 500 miles off road as well.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you buy from? I'm at 10,000 miles on my LK8 arms (and wheel hub assemblies) and I've also done probably 500 miles off road as well.

I'll pm you if you want. but there's only so many suspects :) I'm just surprised, maybe I got a bad batch of bushes. anyway it'll give me enough footage to get a video out.

on a side note, anyone replaced the upper rears? its really common in the uk, the front lowers not so much. makes me think its the road design here in the states.

Elohite

Reaction score
Also curious what brand you purchased that it’s clunking so soon at 10k miles. Did you go original or poly bushings?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver's side ball joint on my Lucky8 control arms shot craps at a little over a year, and probably around 12k miles.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV