LR4 2010 Suspension height issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chrisarobin

Reaction score
I have been fortunate and had minimal repair issues with my 2010 LR4 which now has close to 240k miles. General maintenance and just a good deal of TLC.
I did just notice t Mack driver side suspension was about an inch higher than all other wheels. The suspension is throwing no errors and adjusting fine for access height and off road height not in all instances the back drivers side is higher.

went to the dealer and they asked for more time with it. I couldn’t leave it and wanted to know if anyone had a quick fix which didn’t require a diagnostic tool. I am concerned that if we drive it tomorrow on the highway it will cause damage or be unsafe.

Chrisarobin

Reaction score
I meant to say the Driver's Back side suspension is 1" higher - any suggestions on how to correct this without going to the dealer...

allegro

Reaction score
Have you tried the guided suspension calibration routine in the Gap tool? It guides you through calibrating the height of each corner by measuring from the center of each wheel up to the wheel arch.

If calibration doesn’t solve it, perhaps a height sensor needs replacing?

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably the height sensor. What does the dashboard screen show you when in suspension setting (wheel position)

Chrisarobin

Reaction score
I had no suspension fault errors until…today!

Now it says Suspension Failt and the rear suspension won’t inflate. It started to but didn’t finish. At first it was an intermittent error but now full time.

Any suggestions? I be not have a decent shop here that will address this. One code indicates that there was an electrical interference issue with the center ice box (which I don’t have).

Chrisarobin

Reaction score
Thank you for the link. This guy is great. However I do have an error on the dash indicating SuspensionFault. I’ll start with the fuse. Other suggestions?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the link. This guy is great. However I do have an error on the dash indicating SuspensionFault. I’ll start with the fuse. Other suggestions?

Again, what are your exact codes? You need to pull the CEL code that will tell you what the problem is. Otherwise, we're throwing darts in the dark.

Chrisarobin

Reaction score
SSM72146 - see attached - by the way, thank you all in this community for your support over the years! my guess is that I should buy a new compressor and self install it with the original so I don't need to re-code.

Attachments

• tempImage2rKj9S.png
    tempImage2rKj9S.png
    674.1 KB · Views: 68

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV