1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LR4 on 33's

Discussion in 'LR4' started by Bryan Jones, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Houm_WA

Houm_WA Full Access Member

Success or failure, this is a GREAT thread. We are all watching with bated breath and stand to learn a lot from it.

Worth noting though: you need FOUR tires.

:) :) :)

kris wheeler, to8nbeyond and ezod98 like this.
  2. Fuji4

Fuji4 Full Access Member

I seriously hope you document the whole process. If it works I think everyone will need to see the work.

3. Bryan Jones

Bryan Jones Full Access Member

Tracking lol. I only ordered 1 wheel and tire, just in case it doesn't work, I'm not wasting a whole set. If that makes sense

4. Bryan Jones

I'll document everything along the way as I remember and get the chance. Keep up with my YouTube channel. It'll all be in there

5. jwest

jwest Full Access Member

You cannot really use the strut spacers without the rods. This is the only scenario where the rods actually have a useful function that no other solution exists for yet. Rods alone provide no true use but on top of the spacer they bring the angles back into computer happy range.

However, that tire isn't going to actually work LOL Ironically it's an even worse situation with sliders that come into the turning radius zone more than the body sheet metal behind the plastic due to how most slider designs wrap into the fender liner area at a 90 degree. It's part of their corner strength. That's one of the limiting spots on how I can use my 33.7" km2 and it's the main point that keeps me from being able to use the 25mm wheel spacer. The swing of the tire edge runs clear into the sliders when turning.

You just wasted $ but have fun. I paid to have 2 sizes fit to 2 wheels so I could test them. You could've used any tire that size at a shop to test fit, then order the tire you want in the resulting workable size. My test tires were duratrac and bfg at ko. 305/65-18 that I used and 305/55-20 are the same in all aspects. In fact, the one you have there is even larger due to thr BFG tires running slightly smaller.

So, LOL, SMH, and more LOL

MY guess is you're determined to have them 'fit' but they will not fit any more than you wearing a shoe that is 4 sizes to large that you can of course slip on and lace up, but you cannot run for shit in them. Same deal here. Only difference is the shoes would look ridiculous and you'd abandon it, while the tires will look so fukking cool that you'll try to make it 'work' and make concessions where you should not. Trust me, the big tires look so killer, it messes with your logic.

magus likes this.
  6. Houm_WA

You know that I knew that, right???

equilibrium likes this.
  7. Bryan Jones

You can never be sure about who knows what haha

Houm_WA likes this.
  8. Fugi Snow

Fugi Snow Active Member

So any development with this custom modification on oversized tires on 20" for the LR4? Curious as looking at the photo at the one tire it's seems incredulous without spending major $...

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  9. Bryan Jones

I posted this video

Probably gonna be a while. I'm at l currently out of town for business, won't be back until next week, then I'll be leaving again at the end of the month. So it's probably going to be a while. Got in contact with Lucky 8 about my lost stuffs, they said a new package should be sent out today or tomorrow

10. Houm_WA

Okay...I like the video WAY more than I like the setup of the vehicle. I enjoyed the swearing and the Napolean Dynamite'esque exit.

That said, I do think 33s will fit because I have 32.6s on and I have clearance. ...but then again I have a 2005 LR3 and if I even have a frame horn it doesn't stick out, so you'll need to deal with that.

What I don't like is the offset and the rim diameter, but it's your ride and your money, so more power to ya.

Bryan Jones likes this.