Most Important tools?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What would everyone say are the most important tools when you are on a trail? What do you find are the tools that you are always glad you brought?

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both sets of wrenches (standard and metric).

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you need the standard for?

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Helping others out.

Often I am not alone when I go exploring, and no one else in my family (immediate or extended) has a Land Rover. Or if there is an "appliance" that is having problems, I always have the right tool.

(Also, I am not as mechanically inclined as many others - to compensate for this I often over prepare.)

Last edited:
C

Cozmo

Zip ties....There is nothing I can't fix with enough zip ties.

D

discomike

Zip Ties and a 20 oz. framing hammer, and of course a good supply of OIL.
Mike J.

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A cell phone too (even though there is often no reception - you can always run to the top of the next hill and try in an emergency).

When I was in Moab last month we almost had to call for medical help.

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A digital camera to capture the feeling of getting that body damage you swore you would avoid this time.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Digital Camera! Nice one! I carry a 3.2 megapixel with a 256 MB card. I can take hundreds and hundreds of pics without worrying about film!

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
I carry a tool box filled with everything from WD 40 to an extra Fan Belt (all types of tools SAE and METRIC), digital camera Sony 3.2 MegaP, Oil, Lucas Products, rubber gloves ( Can't get those hands dirty), Paper Towels..These are just a few of things that I carry in the rover.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9