numerous codes after lower control arms installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The alignment being off should not result in suspension faults, just in abnormal handling and tire wear and knock-on effects (fuel economy).

jim andrews

Reaction score
my alignment is off post control arm install. also I have noticed some hard shifts that were not there before. The bottom of my front bash guard is full of some sort of fluid. The oil according to the truck is perfect level. Now I am wondering if a transmission line got hit. Either that or he used multiple cans of penetrating oil to loosen up the old ones. Something is not right for sure.

jim andrews

Reaction score
here are the codes from my mechanic's reader Modisultra
B1B01-87 KEY TRANSPONDER
B1D01-25 RIGHT LOW BEAM CIRCUIT
B1C44-67 REAR WIPER PACK POSITON SWITCH
B1D0015 LEFT LOW BEAM CIRCUIT
BIB48-96 REAR LEFT OUTER SENSOR
U1A24-87 MOST RING COMPLETE. NO COMMUNICATION
U3000-4B CONTROL MODULE
C1B00-64 STEERING ANGLE SENSOR
U0421-68 INVALID DATA RECEIVED FROM RIDE LEVEL CONTROL MODULE
U3000-4B
B1B46-96 REAR RIGHT INNER SENSOR
B1163-15 LEFT MIRROR HEATER OUTPUT
B1164-15 RIGHT MIRRO HEATER OUTPUT
B1081-49 LEFT TEMPERATURE DAMPER MOTOR
B1086-00 AIR DISTRIBUTION DAMPER MOTOR
U1A24-87 MOST RING COMPLETE, NO COMMUNICATION
BIC44-67 REAR WIPER POSITON SWITCH
40425 INVALID DATA RECEIVED FROM ABS CONTROL MODULE
C1A13-64 PRESSURE DOES NOT DECREASE WHEN VENTING GALLERY
U0416-68 INVALID DATA RECEIVED FROM VEHICLE DYNAMICS CONTROL MODULE

not sure if all these pertain to the same issue or if some of them were stored. Like I said at the beginning this truck did not have any codes and I thought that I may have had found the first lr4 without issues lol.

j

Joe77

Reaction score
After replacing the LCA's you need to do an alignment. I had the same issue immediately after replacing my LCA's and the alignment fixed it up. Although it should be mentioned that the only fault I had was a suspension fault (dash lit up) but not all the other stuff you have. Could be the code reader he was using, not sure on that though. Either way, get an alignment, then go from there. If all those other faults were not there before replacing the LCA's then I would bet there is an issue with his scanner. Invest in a gap iid tool when you can. It's essential with these rigs.

Last edited:

jim andrews

Reaction score
joe77 is the alignment on these things pretty straight forward? I am asking because like I said I am some distance from a lr dealership or anyone that actually works on one. Of note the Suspension fault was the first thing to pop up on the dash. I will mention this to him tomorrow when it goes back in.
thanks for the info though.

Joe77

Reaction score
Yes it is pretty straight forward but should be done by someone familiar with LR's from my understanding. There are eccentric bolts that fasten the lower control arms (LCA's) and they are one of the components adjusted when doing an alignment. Even if your mechanic marked the old ones and installed the new ones similarly, you may still get a suspension fault (as I did). Where are you located?

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as alignments, they're pretty standard with the exception that most shops (that work on Land Rovers) will put the vehicles air suspension into alignment mode (higher tolerances to get a better alignment)

I took my rover to a specialty shop for my alignment, since they're used to working on these.

I'm sure you can get it close without going into alignment mode, and hopefully get rid of your problem.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The alignment being off should not result in suspension faults, just in abnormal handling and tire wear and knock-on effects (fuel economy).

You sure about that? Steering angle sensor could trigger a bunch of stuff.

edit: just read the fault list. My money is the alignment is out enough for steering angle to mess things up.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also have only the front lower control arms been replaced? Anything on the rear touched?

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You sure about that? Steering angle sensor could trigger a bunch of stuff.

edit: just read the fault list. My money is the alignment is out enough for steering angle to mess things up.
I am not sure, no, I guess it depends on whether the shop even tried to get it close, which I'd hope they'd do, but perhaps the system is more sensitive than I anticipate. I'm just wondering what happens if you smack something in the back country that throws your alignment off and the thing drops you to bump stops while you're trying to get back to civilization. I was guessing/hoping that the system would be more resilient, but perhaps not.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA