Oil light flickering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richterjustin08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 98 disco, body has 178859, motor millage is unknowingly. But have already done a complete head job, with all upper end gaskets replaced... What shes doing is when I'm at a light, the oil light comes on while idleing , but she flickeres... As soon as I tale off or accelerate, the light goes off.... Just trying to figure out what it is that's causeing it....

Is it the oil sump in oil pan, granted I am going to change oil pan gaslet and filter soon. Just want to get an idea , that way if it is I can change it while pan is off... Thanks for help guys...

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quit driving it before you take out some bearings.
The light comes on usually lower then 6 pound of pressure. You could have a bad sender a cracked oil pump or bad crank bearings. I would start with an oil pressure test, on a cold start pressure at idle and 2000 rpms, again after being driven at idle and 2000 rpm's, then back to us with those 4 sets of numbers.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, have you found your problem or are you still driving it?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635