PSI for BFG KO2? Normal and Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The PSI recommendations in this thread are way higher than I'm running. I tried around 45 both from and rear for a while and it was way too harsh. I dipped down to 42, then 40, and now I'm at 38.

I don't see why the PSI needs to be higher than the stock recommendations when the BFGs are E-rated with a much stiffer sidewall. Yeah, there's more of the sidewall, but man... it was a Teddy Rosevelt rough-riding sonnova B with 45 psi in the tires.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't different pressures support different loads? And this is why they print pressure charts so we can determine, when not running oem, what pressures our tires should be set at to support different loads?

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Does anyone have a winter recommendation for K02 inflation? Same as street? Currently at either 48/55 or 45/52. Thanks!
Winter? Depends, winter in San Diego, CA. normal pressure. I run 40F/45R

I'm assuming winter with snow conditions is what you're after. I was recently up in Truckee or Lake Tahoe, CA and there were record breaking snow conditions where majority of the roads were covered in snow. This is where tire contact patch comes into play, I ran 25F/30R like I do off roading and it works well in snow and pavement. I'm running 255/70r17 KO2s 121 E-rated if you're wondering.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM