Steal of a deal on an LR4 with issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robin Parsons

Reaction score
Don't even consider rebuilding half a motir at that age. Just do a complete rebuild. Having a brand new (or good as new rebuild) on a vehicle in excellent conditions, is golden. Rebuilding one bank now, and possibly repeating it on the other side later, will be a financial waste. The engine and trans are the 2 big dollar tickets on any LR. Do it right. And you won't regret it.

LR4Slavo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't even consider rebuilding half a motir at that age. Just do a complete rebuild. Having a brand new (or good as new rebuild) on a vehicle in excellent conditions, is golden. Rebuilding one bank now, and possibly repeating it on the other side later, will be a financial waste. The engine and trans are the 2 big dollar tickets on any LR. Do it right. And you won't regret it.
I’m definitely doing both banks at the same time, doesn’t make much sense to do one bank and a high probability of having to do the other bank a few months later. I took it for a spin before I started to take things apart and the transmission luckily feels pretty solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LR4Slavo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone should make a little ziptie tag thingie saying "This Plug Intentionally Left Blank" and we can issue one to every new LR4 member of this forum.
The least they could do is just cap it off so it looks like it’s not something important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LR4Slavo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been a few days since an update, but talking about my sense of adventure from the previous topic - I’ve has my hands busy with my Audi A6 Avant... those things have a notorious issue with an ignition module that starts to fail and prevents the car from starting... this requires you to replace/solder a few switches and a relay on the module, getting to it was the fun part, it’s mounted to the steering column and in this specific model requires you to remove the dash to allow the column to drop. The repair was successful but it took 8 solid hours away from my LR4 rebuild.

dbbd8b13a9e93430e22b578945083ae7.jpg

On a positive note, getting most of the tools in by the end of day today (oil filter wrench, Crank puller tool, timing kit) Also getting my hands on a second hand GAPIID tool for $350 locally AND Norm is giving me $30 off his NS300L re-threading kit, what a great guy... hey, every few $$ count.

Last edited:

DirtyHal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been a few days since an update, but talking about my sense of adventure from the previous topic - I’ve has my hands busy with my Audi A6 Avant... those things have a notorious issue with an ignition module that starts to fail and prevents the car from starting... this requires you to replace/solder a few switches and a relay on the module, getting to it was the fun part, it’s mounted to the steering column and in this specific model requires you to remove the dash to allow the column to drop. The repair was successful but it took 8 solid hours away from my LR4 rebuild.

On a positive note, getting most of the tools in by the end of day today (oil filter wrench, Crank puller tool, timing kit) Also getting my hands on a second hand GAPIID tool for $350 locally AND Norm is giving me $30 off his NS300L re-threading kit, what a great guy... hey, every few $$ count.

Are my eyes deceiving me or am I seeing a sawzall in that collection of tools?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut