Steal of a deal on an LR4 with issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4Slavo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im back at it after a bit of a break due to the Colorado cold weather and the holidays. I set myself up with a propane heater for the garage which has been a fantastic investment.

In the last couple of day’s I’ve been making some great headway all while documenting my process with video, which I hope to edit and post on YouTube.

I have removed the rest of the electrical boxes, upper radiator fan shroud and fan, most of the coolant hoses including the thermostat, fuel lines, lower intake and ignition coils and spark plugs.

Adjustments.jpg

Now for the weird part, the drivers side fuel rail cane out WITH all the injectors attached... ***?

They look relatively new and clean, with some sort of white grease on them, in-line with the previous owners info that these were just replaced. Not sure why they came out so easy, I was thinking the 4 torx screws would push the injectors into place pretty well if they weren’t placed in correctly.

Now I’m having the opposite issue with the passenger side rail, it’s really on there snug. Any suggestions on prying this thing out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LR4Slavo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up putting a wood shim between fuel rail and a pry bar, worked my at each injector until the fuel rail popped out along with one of the injectors. The remaining three injectors had a bit of fight in them, as expected, pulled them out using my $27 Amazon injector puller! Here is the end result:

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

And I just realized that I forgot to record this...

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't remember if the injector clips provide downward pressure to keep the injectors seated, or if they clip into the fuel rail. I do know that the workshop manual tells you to remove them before removing the fuel rail though.. so, I suspect the latter.

That may be the reason that the four driver side injectors stayed mounted to the rail, and why the passenger side rail was a pain to remove.

The manual also says to replace them upon reassembly--you may have bent the passenger ones.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer only sells them with the o-rings and Teflon seals (Teflon also should be replaced on reassembly). If you just need the clips, fcpeuro has them for a decent price.

LR4Slavo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't remember if the injector clips provide downward pressure to keep the injectors seated, or if they clip into the fuel rail. I do know that the workshop manual tells you to remove them before removing the fuel rail though.. so, I suspect the latter.

That may be the reason that the four driver side injectors stayed mounted to the rail, and why the passenger side rail was a pain to remove.

The manual also says to replace them upon reassembly--you may have bent the passenger ones.
The clips look like they just provide downward pressure against the fuel rail, they don’t clip into the rail:

Adjustments.jpg

LR4Slavo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should note that the drivers side injectors look to have been replaced recently as they have white grease and are generally cleaner in appearance than the passenger ones. I will send both sets out to get cleaned and tested before I plan on putting them in. I will also replace the o-rings and Teflon seals.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV