Steal of a deal on an LR4 with issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Early or late interior 944?

Damn, I loved those cars. I still rate my modded 968 as the best handling P-Car I have ever owned. Whooda think 150-250 HP could be so much fun.

"Underpowered" cars that handle well are crazy fun. I've had (and have) powerful, fast cars, but my '11 NC.2 Miata "beater" can be pushed really ******* the street without getting arrested. Super fun. I just put the snow tires on. It's ridiculous fun in the snow. :-D

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hah you’re not the first one that suggested this... I would strongly consider this or a TDI swap but the ****** thing about Colorado is that emission tests require a factory motor. Unless you’re outside of the emissions testing area which sadly I am not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe CO has an emissions referee program where you can do swaps with newer model year engines. I know roadsidewerx in Denver has done an emissions legal LS swapped P38 - or maybe a classic ? I'm not really up to speed on the RR generations...

LR4Slavo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the VACUUM PUMP, for the exhaust smoke..
I checked symptoms of a bad vacuum pump and it’s not really consistent with what I’m seeing and smelling. Symptoms point to a blown head gasket

AGLR4

Reaction score
I checked symptoms of a bad vacuum pump and it’s not really consistent with what I’m seeing and smelling. Symptoms point to a blown head gasket

Do a hydrocarbon test on the coolant to confirm.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

LR4Slavo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a hydrocarbon test on the coolant to confirm.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Never even occurred to me to try that, I’ll have to look into it.

On a side note, anyone have issues posting to the “Wanted” section? Tells me I don’t have permissions, I’m looking for a used GAP IID Tool.

DirtyHal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never even occurred to me to try that, I’ll have to look into it.

On a side note, anyone have issues posting to the “Wanted” section? Tells me I don’t have permissions, I’m looking for a used GAP IID Tool.

You need a certain # of posts before you are allowed to post there, it's a spam prevention thing.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
classified need a certain amount of posts before you have permission.

IID tool is few and far between used. they were actually just on sale for black friday for $415ish shipped from lucky8. i dont think theyll honor that price.
ask them nicely and they usually will sell for $480ish shipped though.

last used iid tool i saw sell for $420, which isnt that good of a deal since you have to pay a fee for vin transfer.

LR4Slavo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
classified need a certain amount of posts before you have permission.

IID tool is few and far between used. they were actually just on sale for black friday for $415ish shipped from lucky8. i dont think theyll honor that price.
ask them nicely and they usually will sell for $480ish shipped though.

last used iid tool i saw sell for $420, which isnt that good of a deal since you have to pay a fee for vin transfer.
Oh that’s good to know, I’m not a spammer I swear [emoji23]

Seams slimy on GAP to lock the tool to a VIN considering these things aren’t cheap to begin with and you can’t run diags on a friends LR. Any idea what the transfer fee is like?

Bummer that I missed the BF deal though. $415 shipped seems like a great deal, I’ll get in touch with them to see if they can get me a half decent deal.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA