Suspension Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mach1s

Reaction score
Vacuum side

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 128

Mach1s

Reaction score
Here is a pic of my burn't out motor. Pic is blurry but you get the idea. Camera cannot seem to focus at close range.

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 126

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My compressor died late last year, also due to the motor burning out. I posted some pics here:

http://forums.landroverworld.org/showthread.php?t=19868

It did cross my mind to see if I could just replace the motor, but I couldn't figure out a way to detach the motor from the rest of the body. So I just chucked the whole assembly in the trash...

Mach1s

Reaction score
The Ford motor is smaller than the LR motor and the circuit boards are very different. The Ford does not use a rear bearing to support the rear of the rotor like LR does either. they seem to be completely different animals. Here is a pic of the Ford motor.

Attachments

• MotorFord.JPG
    MotorFord.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 113

Mach1s

Reaction score
You can compare it to Hell Pies thread. He has better pictures of the LR pump

ALL-STAR1

Reaction score
Hey Mach my suspension fault light came on too though mine is amber not red and I hav no smell no noises no difference n performance other than that light and info center sayin suspension fault-normal height...I bought the vehicle n dec of 2010 it has 53,000 miles on it and is a 05' SE I recently had the brake sensors replace bc the previous owner put new pads and brakes on but Didn replace the sensors bc I'm assuming how expensive they are to replace I too am not under warranty soo what should I do?

Mach1s

Reaction score
I would start the truck and try to raise it to Off Road Height right away before the light has a chance to come on. If it raises, let it sit in the raised position over night and see if the height changes. Upon restarting the truck, see if the light comes on. I could raise mine and it would stay up for days. I tried this about 3 days and then lowered it back down and the light came right back on. Shortly there after, the pump would not function at all. Start looking for a new or used pump. I just seen some on eBay (used) for like $150.00. Let me now how what happens.

ALL-STAR1

Reaction score
Forgot to ask when u say find a new or used pump what are u referring too what kind of pump do I look for ? And once I find one if that is the issue how much to u think LR would charge to do the labor bc I'm a **** when it comes to cars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99