Upper control arm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stufrowin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone switched out front upper control arm? I just replaced hubs, tie rods, sway bar links/bush, and LCA reworked about 15k miles ago. Just installed new tires and alignment. Extremely quiet now but now I notice a small front end noise at low to mid speed with slight change in pavement. Off road /big bumps don't hear anything. Only thing I haven't switched out is the upper control arm and air strut. Any thoughts?

Thanks

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just saw something the other day, someone mentioned Meyle HD control arms. They have some kind of upgraded ball joint. Wonder if they work on LR4 (I think the website says LR3).

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be cautious with Meyle parts. I've used some of their "HD" parts in the past (on other vehicles) and was not particularly impressed, the parts were made in China and the HD-ness could potentially be more marketing and visual appearance than any significant improvement over Genuine Land Rover parts. Just my $0.02, YMMV, etc etc.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be cautious with Meyle parts. I've used some of their "HD" parts in the past (on other vehicles) and was not particularly impressed, the parts were made in China and the HD-ness could potentially be more marketing and visual appearance than any significant improvement over Genuine Land Rover parts. Just my $0.02, YMMV, etc etc.

Good to know, thanks. Seeing anyone creating parts with 'improved' anything is exciting though. Would be great if it turned out to be a quality part.

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All my arms are now poly bushing. Ride is so much better and predictable. They were factory new arms replaced with the poly bushing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99