Well crap!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Robin has left the building. Another satisfied Land Rover customer.

Lulz. And some of us are just gluttons for it. Just bought a Rangie (used) for the wife.

And @Fuji4, if you are getting that many miles out of your WP's, be grateful. Currently tearing mine down for a slew of work at 91K, and the impetus was, of course, the water pump leaking. This will be the 4th pump on this thing in 91K.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a lot of pumps. I’m on my 2nd. First went at 60 something.

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a beck arnley one in mine at 80k. Original seemed ok but i wanted to stay ahead of this infamous failure point. Any aftermarket brands better than others? Seems like OEM is just as crappy as the rest.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a beck arnley one in mine at 80k. Original seemed ok but i wanted to stay ahead of this infamous failure point. Any aftermarket brands better than others? Seems like OEM is just as crappy as the rest.

Don't want to scare you but I had a Beck Arnley that lasted a whopping 4k kms (2.5k miles) before leaking through the bearing. Mine was probably just a bad rebuild.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first three were oem replacements.

I'm going to try a GMB from Korea on this go round.

Another note, is that a company called Uro now makes an aluminum replacement for the oil cooler outlet pipe that runs between the water pump and oil cooler. A failure of the plastic version was responsible for one of my water pump replacements.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beck-Arnley is primarily a reboxer. I'm not sure if they actually make anything.

Be very, VERY careful with ÜRO parts. Google them and read the horror stories. Some forums have long-running threads devoted to stories with photos showing part failures shortly after installation. I wouldn't recommend ÜRO for critical systems like oiling/cooling. They do carry some parts (for different makes/models, not LR) which are NLA from all other sources, like window seals for 40+ year old Mercedes. It's preferred to stick with OE, OEM, or well-respected name brands if at all possible...

:ahhhhh:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV