what’s the fastest you’ve gone in your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it does lower itself an inch or so, it’s stated in the owners manual. How do you know your didn’t lower?
I got to 130 mph according to the speedo, on a slight downward gradient. With a GAP tool lift, 265/65/18's and worn rear upper control arm bushings it was quite an interesting experience, one I'm not likely to repeat; I was being rather naughty on a very empty stretch of 285 in between Vaughn and Roswell in NM. And yes there was more peddle left. Not sure what that would have equated to flat-out, but it would have been faster. The reason for the speed - I had read that the LR4 Lowers itself after 100mph, so I wanted to see. Well, mine didn't, judging that would have been difficult anyway with the amount of movement.

Bogwhoppit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure it did. I had my gap tool running in the suspension mode and didn't see any changes to the height. Whether the lowering would have been displayed I don't know. It was like driving on a mattress at that point, with so much movement, I wouldn't have been able to tell visually or by feel.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Rover is for going as slowly as necessary to get to where I want to go.

I have other tools in the toolbox to haul @ss with.

The 911TT in my sig line has the Champion Motorsports 68mm turbo conversion with both a street and race gas tune. It may, or may not have seen the northern side of 180, but I do guarantee it will get your attention.

Bogwhoppit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've owned 5 international driving licenses due to the Army. If I were to rank your typical American driver, they'd be close bottom LOL. Let's face it, when you're in a row of traffic over here, and the light turns green, it takes 2 minutes for the 5 cars in front of you to move. In the UK, every green light is a race to the next light. When I go back, it takes me a day or two to acclimatize to the much faster pace of the traffic, and if you aren't hitting the first roundabout out of LHR on the M25 at 90 you'll get pushed off the road by that 18 wheel Scania next to you. Spend time driving around the UK, you'll see. I would offer you to pillion on my Triumph around London, but I would want a wet seat.

buckbluerover

Reaction score
For the 2013 LR4 100 mph for smooth road with calm winds
My stock 1962 Saab 96 will do 70-75 indicated on the ribbon speedo with 841cc 3 cyl 2 ****** and 38 hp--very aerodynamic and efficient!
Sounds like Jiffy Pop on ****.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've owned 5 international driving licenses due to the Army. If I were to rank your typical American driver, they'd be close bottom LOL. Let's face it, when you're in a row of traffic over here, and the light turns green, it takes 2 minutes for the 5 cars in front of you to move. In the UK, every green light is a race to the next light. When I go back, it takes me a day or two to acclimatize to the much faster pace of the traffic, and if you aren't hitting the first roundabout out of LHR on the M25 at 90 you'll get pushed off the road by that 18 wheel Scania next to you. Spend time driving around the UK, you'll see. I would offer you to pillion on my Triumph around London, but I would want a wet seat.

Still crackin' me. Yes, yes, yes, I've travelled your lovely country back in the late 90s and up until 2006 when it use to be a lovely place to go. Fond memories of spending time in Covent Garden although The Strand where I stayed had no A/C and it was at the top of my company's allotted budget. I've also travelled extensively through Ireland. In addition, I've been to UAE, Thailand, Bejing, Germany and Mexico and Japan and a bunch of other countries in EU. Heck, I forget places I've been, but here's what I know:

Yep, American drivers suck at getting moving. Agree, just move you arses from the stop light. Asia is a real bummer and if you want to take your life in your own hands, be a pedestrian in Bangkok for a week. The country I have, by far, spent the most time in is GB and my experience is not quite the same as you proclaim, I can say that for sure. I think maybe you've mistaken the sounds of horns beeping for meaning people are driving fast. I know a lot of brits and not a one of them can drive for $h!t. The most distracted drivers I've ever met and totally clueless about it. Most have nice cars with dents all over them, and , as if to just admit to the inevitable, they don't even get them fixed knowing they'll just do it again in the not so distant future.

My guess is that this is all likely resonating with you regardless of whether you admit it. So, in conclusion, most of our entire countries of origin suck at driving with the exception of you and I. I can live with that. Cheers

777AIA

Reaction score
I was running 118 mph for a bit driving home from Oklahoma City in my LR3. Haven’t done an LR4 yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LR4 is remarkably quiet for it's shape. We regularly face a 80 km/h headwind heading into the Rockies during the winter. 100km/h +80 km/h headwind = 180 kmh (112 MPH). All is fine until the a pillar garnish just rips off the car. This happens at lower speeds on two lane highways in certain crosswinds. Carry duct tape.
I noted your post and I guess both of us drive the Crowsnest, Alberta #3.

Travelling west into the headwind is not so much fun, but east with the tailwind pushing on the rear hatch "wall" is like being on a magic carpet. There is no wind noise, the gas gauge remains frozen and the little display shows maybe a five miles per gallon improvement. There does not seem to be any tyre noise either; I think it blows away with the wind.

The A pillars on my 3 have remained in place (installed new ones a few years back with a new windscreen), but I recall driving the company Explorer, which is a car clone of the 3, or more correctly, the predecessor of the new Discovery's, and one of the A pillars blew off - was not much of a surprise.

And yes, I have duct tape in the back along with my tools etc.

Bogwhoppit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still crackin' me. Yes, yes, yes, I've travelled your lovely country back in the late 90s and up until 2006 when it use to be a lovely place to go. Fond memories of spending time in Covent Garden although The Strand where I stayed had no A/C and it was at the top of my company's allotted budget. I've also travelled extensively through Ireland. In addition, I've been to UAE, Thailand, Bejing, Germany and Mexico and Japan and a bunch of other countries in EU. Heck, I forget places I've been, but here's what I know:

Yep, American drivers suck at getting moving. Agree, just move you arses from the stop light. Asia is a real bummer and if you want to take your life in your own hands, be a pedestrian in Bangkok for a week. The country I have, by far, spent the most time in is GB and my experience is not quite the same as you proclaim, I can say that for sure. I think maybe you've mistaken the sounds of horns beeping for meaning people are driving fast. I know a lot of brits and not a one of them can drive for $h!t. The most distracted drivers I've ever met and totally clueless about it. Most have nice cars with dents all over them, and , as if to just admit to the inevitable, they don't even get them fixed knowing they'll just do it again in the not so distant future.

My guess is that this is all likely resonating with you regardless of whether you admit it. So, in conclusion, most of our entire countries of origin suck at driving with the exception of you and I. I can live with that. Cheers
A lot has changed in the 14 years since you've visited the UK, unfortunately for the worst. There was a scene in the Topgear India special where Clarkson proclaimed if you had children and they got into trouble, the mother would say 'you just wait until your father gets home....' In India its more like 'if your father gets home...' I'm afraid to say its getting more like that with the crowding. I'm guessing you didn't do a lot of driving in the UK, and the sheer amount of other EU drivers there, unless you are travelling well over 100 mph the police (if you see them) won't even bat an eye, though nowadays you're more likely to get a ticket in the mail from speed cameras lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi