2013 LR4 I'm new need advice on wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@CRYA which tire did you pick for your compo's?
Haven't decided. After dropping that coin on the compos, gotta divest some assests to pay for another ~$1200 in tire costs. On top of that, I don't even physically have my truck yet! But, I'm pretty certain it will either be Terra Grapplers which I had in a 20" on my '12 RR, or the BFGs which I've run on plenty of trucks and currently on my '87 Westy.

Haris

Reaction score
@sandythedisco and @adclark - ordered the TuffAnts because they're steel and cheaper and I hear easier to repair. Cost of course is weight. On the tires, chose KO2s because I have driven those in rocky areas (Death Valley shale and rock) and they handled really well when aired down off road and when fully inflated on the road. A friend has them on his Raptor and he loves them too. So I just went by personal experience, don't know enough about the WildPeaks or others.

The KO2s were hard to find! If you have a Discount Tire in the area, they still have them. Costco and some others had run out.

johnny walker

Reaction score
when we got Our 2012 I bought tires (dedicated winter studless snow and Ice Michelins) and wheels from Tire rack.Black alloys, 255/60 19's due to wanting to swap tires and wheels vs mounting snows on factory rims every winter, as well as the cost of tires being a big enough difference to help pay for the wheels. My wife, it's her car, liked the black alloys so much that I bought another set of the black alloys and tires when the summer tires were shot. Selling the factory wheels more than paid for the new wheels and the cost and selection of 19" tires is moue bueno.

johnny walker

Reaction score
some brand tire rack had. Just looked and not listed on their web site. And a by the way, make sure you have lug nuts that fit your spare. My aftermarket won't work on our full size spare. Cost me about 4 hours on the side of the road.

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score

RobRover88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G'day adclark,
Don't mess with modifying your already brilliant vehicle. It seems you don't need the ultimate offroad setup. Don't bother with spacers, rods etc - you don't need to. Just buy Compo's 18". I've had mine for about 3 years now & they are the BEST made wheel I've ever owned. Compomotive specialize in motorsport wheels - desert racing, track etc. so their quality is second to none. Also much lighter &
stronger than steelies. I run BFG KO2's in 265/60X18. My third set on 2 vehicles over 27 years. Never let
me down - ever!! No rubbing at all & spare will fit underneath fully inflated although my spare is on a rear swing mount to enable an aux. fuel tank below. The KO2's have such great sidewall strength I can air down with confidence in our flinty, rocky deserts or mud tracks in our Oz bush & I don't miss the extra half-inch with a 265/65X18, which can rub. It is the easiest option for improving your offroad capability
while retaining a comfy ride & good onroad qualities & does not require ANY mods at all.

johnny walker

Reaction score
Got to the garage and my wheels are Curvas, a cast aluminum wheel. Look good, inexpensive , no problems with them. With the michelins and air out of the suspension they rub just a tad at full lock which is not a problem. Switching over to the all season, snow rated Michelin's tomorrow. Swapped the Escalade ESV this afternoon.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV