check engine light - code p003e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have filed complaint with better business bureau.....attorney would do same thing i believe....

tazdevl

Reaction score
i have filed complaint with better business bureau.....attorney would do same thing i believe....

BBB is arbitration. Different and may result in a hearing and take more time.

Lawyer can send a summary letter of complaints/demands. Should get a result pretty quick and is zero out of pocket generally.

The fact that the rep won't deal with you directly clearly shows the rep is stalling and knows they are in violation of the lemon law.

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, good point......are you an attorney or something ?? the more I think about this, the more angry I get......this is the worst customer service experience I have ever had with anything.....

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, good point......are you an attorney or something ?? the more I think about this, the more angry I get......this is the worst customer service experience I have ever had with anything.....
Hey suvowner,

I asked two lawyers and both told me you should have an attorney draft a letter or at least get involved in some capacity. Good luck!

-David

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for your input......there is a very good sample demand letter from my state attorney general web site for the state lemon law......I have drafted a letter following this guideline. I will try and get it reviewed by a local attorney tomorrow......but it reads extremely well as is.

Sample Lemon Law Demand Letter to the Manufacturer
IMPORTANT: Send this letter by Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested ALSO: Send a copy of this letter to the IDSP for this manufacturer
Your Name Your Address Your Telephone Number Certified Mail Number ____________________
Name of Manufacturer Manufacturers Address
Dear Sir or Madam:
I [purchased/leased] a [make, model, year of vehicle] on [date] from [name of deal- ership/name of individual] in [city, state]. Since the original delivery of the vehicle, it has been returned to the dealership a total of [number of times the vehicle was returned to an authorized dealer for repairs] times. My vehicle has been out of ser- vice for repairs for a total of [total number of calendar days the vehicle has been out of service being repaired] calendar days.
My vehicle has been in [authorized dealership] on the following dates for repair of the following defects:
[Date in/out] [List problems]
These nonconformities have substantially impaired my use, the market value or the safety of my vehicle.
[If applicable: I mailed you a notice providing you with a final repair attempt. You failed to contact me to schedule a repair attempt OR you contacted me to schedule a repair attempt, but did not repair the vehicle OR you attempted to repair the vehi- cle, but it has broken down again.]
[If applicable: Since the original delivery of the vehicle and during the quality assur- ance period the vehicle has been out of service due to nonconformities for more than 30 calendar days]
during the quality assurance period, the vehicle has been out of service due to non- conformities for more than 30 calendar days]
[If applicable: Since the original delivery of the vehicle and during the quality assur- ance period, the vehicle has been subject to five or more repair attempts for noncon- formities which together have substantially impaired the use and value of the vehi- cle to me.]
My vehicle is a lemon under the Arkansas Lemon Law. I demand that my vehicle [be replaced/my purchase price be refunded] together with all other compensation to which I am entitled.
A copy of this notice is being sent to your Independent Dispute Settlement Program, [BBB Autoline/NCDS]. I request that my lemon law claim be resolved within forty (40) days of your receipt of this letter. If you do not immediately agree to my de- mand for relief, I request a hearing before the IDSP.
I look forward to hearing from you soon. You can reach me during the day at [phone number]
Sincerely, [Your Name]

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for your input......there is a very good sample demand letter from my state attorney general web site for the state lemon law......I have drafted a letter following this guideline. I will try and get it reviewed by a local attorney tomorrow......but it reads extremely well as is.

Sample Lemon Law Demand Letter to the Manufacturer
IMPORTANT: Send this letter by Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested ALSO: Send a copy of this letter to the IDSP for this manufacturer
Your Name Your Address Your Telephone Number Certified Mail Number ____________________
Name of Manufacturer Manufacturers Address
Dear Sir or Madam:
I [purchased/leased] a [make, model, year of vehicle] on [date] from [name of deal- ership/name of individual] in [city, state]. Since the original delivery of the vehicle, it has been returned to the dealership a total of [number of times the vehicle was returned to an authorized dealer for repairs] times. My vehicle has been out of ser- vice for repairs for a total of [total number of calendar days the vehicle has been out of service being repaired] calendar days.
My vehicle has been in [authorized dealership] on the following dates for repair of the following defects:
[Date in/out] [List problems]
These nonconformities have substantially impaired my use, the market value or the safety of my vehicle.
[If applicable: I mailed you a notice providing you with a final repair attempt. You failed to contact me to schedule a repair attempt OR you contacted me to schedule a repair attempt, but did not repair the vehicle OR you attempted to repair the vehi- cle, but it has broken down again.]
[If applicable: Since the original delivery of the vehicle and during the quality assur- ance period the vehicle has been out of service due to nonconformities for more than 30 calendar days]
during the quality assurance period, the vehicle has been out of service due to non- conformities for more than 30 calendar days]
[If applicable: Since the original delivery of the vehicle and during the quality assur- ance period, the vehicle has been subject to five or more repair attempts for noncon- formities which together have substantially impaired the use and value of the vehi- cle to me.]
My vehicle is a lemon under the Arkansas Lemon Law. I demand that my vehicle [be replaced/my purchase price be refunded] together with all other compensation to which I am entitled.
A copy of this notice is being sent to your Independent Dispute Settlement Program, [BBB Autoline/NCDS]. I request that my lemon law claim be resolved within forty (40) days of your receipt of this letter. If you do not immediately agree to my de- mand for relief, I request a hearing before the IDSP.
I look forward to hearing from you soon. You can reach me during the day at [phone number]
Sincerely, [Your Name]
Excellent! I would definitely draft that letter and have it reviewed by an attorney or even sent by them on behalf of you. I hope this all works out and you get a replacement LR4.

-David

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Send the letter through certified mail. I'd also alert your dealer once the letter has been sent so they know you are taking the issue up with LRNA. The last thing LRNA wants is bad publicity regarding the quality of their vehicles. I anticipate that once they see you are taking this seriously u will get more favorable responses. I would not accept a repair, only a replacement.

tazdevl

Reaction score

No been through it before with Acura for a 2007 MDX and 2008 EX35.. Also deal with attorneys fairly often for work, a necessary evil.

Google lemon law attorneys in your area. Check out reviews of them on google from clients. Call the state bar to be sure they are in good standing with no complaints. Theres also a peer review site where lawyers are reviewed by other lawyers.

Typically they will do a free case review. If it looks good, they will take the case, zero out of pocket, and bill LRNA. Just be sure you review everything carefully before you sign or get a friend that's an attorney to review the agreement to be sure it's cool.

Lastly, given the service and issues you've dealt with, I'd get another vehicle. GX460 is closest equivalent. Much more reliable and Lexus dealerships and customer svc. Good luck.

Last edited:

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at this point, I am so disheartened by my experience that I just want a refund.............I can't find any sense of confidence in the vehicle, the brand or there handing of this case........maybe a thoughtful courteous response that gets results could change my mind, but I am doubtful.............

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at this point, I am so disheartened by my experience that I just want a refund.............I can't find any sense of confidence in the vehicle, the brand or there handing of this case........maybe a thoughtful courteous response that gets results could change my mind, but I am doubtful.............

I have been following your story and I am just so sorry. I cant imagine going through what you have, especially since the car was so new and you were still in the honeymoon stage. So completely not right. I am hoping you can get either the refund or replacement that you soooo deserve. Again, I am just so sorry. No one should have to go through this with such an expensive vehicle.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9