check engine light - code p003e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLKLR4

Reaction score
LR4 problems

I have had some major issues with LR rep also. He will not speak to me and the person he speaks through has no idea how to handle customers. I have to call them for updates they will not call me. My LR4 has had fault issues. 1. Parking brake fault 2. stability control not available drive carefully 3. transmission fault 4. Emergency brake assist not available. Its been 4 attempts to repair and they have the car 4 months. They told me that by lemon law rules that because I brought it to them with 15,000 miles the normal usage cost would be around 9000.00 that I would be out and it would be better for me to keep the car in this condition and they would give me 7yr 100,000 mile warranty.

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had some major issues with LR rep also. He will not speak to me and the person he speaks through has no idea how to handle customers. I have to call them for updates they will not call me. My LR4 has had fault issues. 1. Parking brake fault 2. stability control not available drive carefully 3. transmission fault 4. Emergency brake assist not available. Its been 4 attempts to repair and they have the car 4 months. They told me that by lemon law rules that because I brought it to them with 15,000 miles the normal usage cost would be around 9000.00 that I would be out and it would be better for me to keep the car in this condition and they would give me 7yr 100,000 mile warranty.

I feel your pain brother.............fortunately i only have about 4000 miles

tazdevl

Reaction score
ok, good point......are you an attorney or something ?? the more I think about this, the more angry I get......this is the worst customer service experience I have ever had with anything.....

No been through it before with Acura for a 2007 MDX and 2008 EX35.. Also deal with attorneys fairly often for work, a necessary evil.

Google lemon law attorneys in your area. Check out reviews of them on google from clients. Call the state bar to be sure they are in good standing with no complaints. Theres also a peer review site where lawyers are reviewed by other lawyers.

Typically they will do a free case review. If it looks good, they will take the case, zero out of pocket, and bill LRNA. Just be sure you review everything carefully before you sign or get a friend that's an attorney to review the agreement to be sure it's cool.

Lastly, given the service and issues you've dealt with, I'd get another vehicle. GX460 is closest equivalent. Much more reliable and Lexus dealerships and customer svc. Good luck.

tazdevl

Reaction score

If you bought used aka been licensed before, lemon law won't help you. However there are good faith/consumer protection/fraud laws that may still apply. I'd definitely speak to an attorney.

If you bought it new, google the laws in your state because generally lemon law covers the first couple years of ownership or the entire warranty period and there is NO mileage cutoff as long as it's under warranty. If it looks like they're in the wrong, I would tell them to give your money back or you'll sue them for fraud, report them to the FTC for misleading business practices/violating consumer protection laws and also sue them under the lemon law.

Another option would be to file a complaint with BBB and also contact a local tv station that has a consumer protection show.

My guess they're offering the warranty because there's some kind of incentive personally for them or directive from LRNA regarding buybacks or situations where they have violated the lemon law.

Last edited:

tazdevl

Reaction score
Given the experience you both have had, I wouldn't take a replacement vehicle or extended warranty. Think about the amount of time you have wasted and how this has been handled. Actions of a customer focused company? I think not.

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given the experience you both have had, I wouldn't take a replacement vehicle or extended warranty. Think about the amount of time you have wasted and how this has been handled. Actions of a customer focused company? I think not.

yea, if i bought this from the cheapest place that came up on a google search, at an unheard of low price, i would expect this kind of service.......I just cant believe a luxury brand can behave this way and stay competitive and profitable.......I am a every few year gotta have a new car geek......love gadgets and am a prototypical ideal customer......such a shame to lose a guy like me as a customer....

what do you drive now tazdevil ???

Last edited:

tazdevl

Reaction score
yea, if i bought this from the cheapest place that came up on a google search, at an unheard of low price, i would expect this kind of service.......I just cant believe a luxury brand can behave this way and stay competitive and profitable.......I am a every few year gotta have a new car geek......love gadgets and am a prototypical ideal customer......such a shame to lose a guy like me as a customer....

what do you drive now tazdevil ???

GX460 which is not perfect but a decent ride. LX570 needs a refresh.

Almost bought a LR4 or RRS a few weeks ago. Like a lot of things about the vehicles, but the horror stories don't seem to be diminishing, LR hasn't moved in JD Power and every professional review brings up reliability. There is a lot of positive press, but these are static shots of the vehicle. Come back at 30K and write a review or do a long term road test.

Also, I'm hearing about 8 speed transmissions, new multimedia system ala Evoque and a unified platform which will include the RR in the next 2-3 years. Hoping that Tata will crack the whip this time around, fire some execs, marketers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, software engineers, quality engineers and bring in some folks that can truly turn the boat around.

A car should have to put up with my quirks, not vice versa.

Last edited:

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well they replaced some additional parts in the engine, and it is working for now.....the service manager drove it home overnight, about 70 miles round trip and so far no more check engine light......still don't have a feeling of confidence.....

I feel i now have a good relationship with local service dept and new service manager, but so sick of going there.....but still so unhappy at how land rover north america has dealt with me through this process.......my buyback demand letter definitely has them jumping a little bit.....but I do really like how the car drives.......

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GX460 which is not perfect but a decent ride. LX570 needs a refresh.

Almost bought a LR4 or RRS a few weeks ago. Like a lot of things about the vehicles, but the horror stories don't seem to be diminishing, LR hasn't moved in JD Power and every professional review brings up reliability. There is a lot of positive press, but these are static shots of the vehicle. Come back at 30K and write a review or do a long term road test.

Also, I'm hearing about 8 speed transmissions, new multimedia system ala Evoque and a unified platform which will include the RR in the next 2-3 years. Hoping that Tata will crack the whip this time around, fire some execs, marketers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, software engineers, quality engineers and bring in some folks that can truly turn the boat around.

A car should have to put up with my quirks, not vice versa.

lexus, is still prob most reliable, just so darn bland to me.......my service tech says he heard they are bringing defender to the us...as a much simpler, all about reliability/dependability, not a gazillion sensors kind of vehicle......more talk about a 2013ish diesel lr4...everybody it seems is getting 8spd trannys, now it seems marketing is driving this almost as much as anything...you make some good points though.....atleast tata is a car company, not capital management..they did infuse cash into the brand, not drain it......might i also suggest a revamp of their north america customer service strategy, maybe the uk'ers dont mind talking to a liason, I for one hate it, I wanna talk to the person who has the power to make the call.....

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got in a few more miles.....and seems like this check engine light issue just might be fixed.....still frustrated with land rover north america interaction.....but also still like the lr4 more than a new jeep or the toyota landcruiser......these i think are the only real competitors to the LR4 as I do need and use the offroad capability.....the seat comfort with arm rest, high position, ride smoothness, large windows with great side and rear visibility, and aesthetically it is attractive.....if i had a crystal ball and knew it would have no further problems would be easy to decide to keep it, but in dealing with LRNA, i have no confidence they are really interested in taking care of me if i had any future significant problems.....

..my initial liason wont talk to me since my demand letter, and says another department has to handle it, but she doesn't know and/or wouldn't give me a phone number for anyone to talk to in the other department, I have to wait for them to call me.......

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99