check engine light - code p003e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is now my 3rd time to have this code.........had in the shop for 2 weeks to do the tsb repair, and after about 1500 miles engine light is back on, with this code.....

needles to say frustrating......

put in a call to land rover usa customer service, and have a ticket for vehicle replacement request.....the light first came on after first week of ownership....took 6 weeks to get parts then 2 weeks in shop for the repair.....sales manager was nice, and even came to my office with a base lr4 loaner......now in the shop for a week, and service tech has no answer.....lead tech is out of town and they dont know anything .........

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been following your story and you clearly deserve a replacement vehicle. I've read the same type of issue happening with the BMW M3 actually and owners got a replacement.

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been following your story and you clearly deserve a replacement vehicle. I've read the same type of issue happening with the BMW M3 actually and owners got a replacement.

well thanks for your support on the issue.....my states lemon laws state after 3 repair attempts , and then one last chance and then they have to replace it.....or 30 days out of service...by my calculations monday will be day 23.....

there really is no other vehicle I like.....for me jeep or land cruiser are the closest but neither are an LR4....jeep is nice but a little small.....landcruiser is stupid expensive and not as nice as LR4.....but it is a good size, with quirky 3rd row.....

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well thanks for your support on the issue.....my states lemon laws state after 3 repair attempts , and then one last chance and then they have to replace it.....or 30 days out of service...by my calculations monday will be day 23.....

there really is no other vehicle I like.....for me jeep or land cruiser are the closest but neither are an LR4....jeep is nice but a little small.....landcruiser is stupid expensive and not as nice as LR4.....but it is a good size, with quirky 3rd row.....
I feel terrible about your situation! I really hope you can get a replacement after all this trouble!!! Best of luck!

tazdevl

Reaction score

I passed on the LR4 due to reliability issues. Dont think jd powers is falsifying their data. You can try a gx460. Been happy with my purchase. Maybe if LR gets it together a bit more I'll buy one next time around.

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a not good update

so, 10 days after land rover north america contact, and still no resolution.....lr4 tsb repair was done again with updated oil seperator part and did not fix problem.......now they think it is the cam solenoid leaking oil onto the sensor......so have ordered it, and supposed to get shipped from memphis overnight, if it isn't flooded !!!

now 31days in shop for this problem, and land rover still hasn't offered replacement.....they are now saying land rover master tech and dealership are giving different stories, and will let me know something tomorrow.......

also have noticed some mild break pedal pulsation when stopping, and there is a tsb out for this, my dealership has replaced rotors, which have been hardened on 3 or 4 range rovers and one lr4.......so I did add this to the repair list.......

so do I give them one last chance.....demand replacement.......or demand buyback and leave the brand altogether.......

in the interim there is now a new service manager.....

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was mr I'd have an attorney friend send a letter requesting a replacement vehicle to LRNA detailing the amount of work done, time in shop during repair, and the $ loss you have had dealing with the hassle. I'm sure once they know you are serious they will respond quicker. I myself would demand a replacement, your LR4 has been a part numerous times in 30 days and something is bound to go wrong again. Its a shame, must be a lemon LR4.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was mr I'd have an attorney friend send a letter requesting a replacement vehicle to LRNA detailing the amount of work done, time in shop during repair, and the $ loss you have had dealing with the hassle. I'm sure once they know you are serious they will respond quicker. I myself would demand a replacement, your LR4 has been a part numerous times in 30 days and something is bound to go wrong again. Its a shame, must be a lemon LR4.
I agree completely with jjvd21. I would definitely have an attorney draft a firm letter to LRNA demanding a replacement. I would even include a robust breakdown of everything that has gone wrong along with copies of the ROs. I would almost ask the service manager to draft a letter stating he/she agrees you should get a replacement (not sure if this is possible?).

Best of luck!

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the land rover rep, refuses to talk to me...............will only work through the liason.........and also refuses to replace or buy back the lr4, he wants to still see of the can repair it....as they have now replaced the solenoid thing and still check engine light is on..........

tazdevl

Reaction score
the land rover rep, refuses to talk to me...............will only work through the liason.........and also refuses to replace or buy back the lr4, he wants to still see of the can repair it....as they have now replaced the solenoid thing and still check engine light is on..........

Just tell them to replace or they can deal with your lawyer. If you do need to heir one, manuf will end up paying fees. Why continue to waste time?

31 days is 1 day outside of the cutoff for lemon law.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99