Lucky 8 SYA Kit Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to be installing this same kit soon. I’ve been disappointed in Lucky 8’s hesitation to share information. When I asked which parts go where, they basically just say “It will be clear.”

Any chance you still have access to that video, which they did not send to me? And is the calibration procedure documented somewhere, or is it as easy as adding 63mm to the stock ride heights listed above?

The spacer install is very straightforward. The limiting straps---not so much.

You need to make the calibration with some form of tool. SDD, GAP, iland, etc. I am only familiar with the GAP procedure.

Basically, using the app, measure as I outlined above. Using the arrows on the app, adjust the ride height until it matches the numbers I listed above. Do this for each wheel. When complete, the app saves to the BCM. Done.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The spacer install is very straightforward. The limiting straps---not so much.

You need to make the calibration with some form of tool. SDD, GAP, iland, etc. I am only familiar with the GAP procedure.

Basically, using the app, measure as I outlined above. Using the arrows on the app, adjust the ride height until it matches the numbers I listed above. Do this for each wheel. When complete, the app saves to the BCM. Done.

I'll be using my GAP tool for this. Should I assume the calibration is supposed to be at the "normal" ride height?

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be using my GAP tool for this. Should I assume the calibration is supposed to be at the "normal" ride height?

Absolutely! You are essentially reprogramming your normal height and giving the BCM a frame of reference for the access and off road heights. Definitely calibrate the suspension height BEFORE alignment. I saw you PM and will message you tonight!

CaliLee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your assistance Michael!

After several weeks and a ridiculous amount of money I have my LR4 back with new air struts, the SYA kit and 32" tires. It looks amazing, I'll post some pics as soon as I get a chance to take a few. Next I need to get out on a trail and see how she does.

Lee

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of installing this kit myself right now. The fronts in particular are making me a little nervous: the tilt that the spacers impart puts the lower mount a couple of inches inboard from the mounting point. So you have to force it out to mount it. I thought this type of actuator wasn't very fond of not being mounted dead straight?

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tilt should facilitate proper geometry once put back together and the suspension is compressed again.

One bit of advice I failed to mention; leave the new air line "tail" disconnected until you have reinstalled the long, lower strut mount. Otherwise, it's a bear to compress and line up. I tried fruitlessly to use a floor jack and achieved success by disconnecting the air line, laying on my back and pressing the lower strut mount into place.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finished installing and calibrating the lift. The calibration was ...interesting. The walk-through method seems to work best, but the arrows are a little finicky on the GAP tool. It helps a lot to have a pre-marked measuring stick at the ready for front and rear targets.

On my rig, the driver’s front has a hard time returning to the right level from the raised height. It seems to end up about 1/2” higher than it ought to. I’m not sure what’s going on there...maybe that sensor is going out?

Regarding the rear strut an getting it lined up to mount the bottom bolt, I found that one of my old rigging straps from when I was a whitewater guide helps a lot. I’ve attached a pic here. Basically, I put tension on the strut to pull it in while I used the floor jack to compress it. Stage 1 of lining it up is just to get it close enough to insert a screwdriver or thin rod in once you get the strut in the ballpark. Then you can re-tension the strap as needed, and reposition the jack for the next lift.

If someone needs some verbal help, PM me and I’ll arrange a phone call.

3A6A819A-A9E6-4974-ACDC-666011D54248.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut