Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, he has a few options for outriggers and is always open to custom requests. I had Voyager sliders (with steps) on my 2011 and I liked them, but have been very happy with the set from Urban Offroad - Derek is great to work with and they are extremely high quality. His welding skills are awesome.

If you email Derek at Urban, tell him David West sent you.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-David

LR34

Reaction score

I bought a set from Urban Offroad. I purchased the ones with the 45 degree angle in front and 90 degree in back. The front do no go all the way up to the wheel well, but are a few inches shorts, but that is good because the install is much easier. The back goes all the way to the rear wheel well. The were relatively easy to install with about 12 bolts needed for each side that go in existing holes (you just pull off the existing plastic sill guard first).

I like them because the outrigger sticks out slightly further than the bow in the door. That was good because my wife was pulling into a parking spot in a parking garage, cut the turn too close and ran against a concrete pillar by the rear drivers side door. But thanks to the guards, instead of a having a $1000+ bill to fix a door, all I had was some paint missing from the UO guards and no dent in them. I guess my wife was doing some true urban offroading. Now for real off-roaders it should help against trees and rocks.

Last edited:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The urban ones have more protection under the vehicle because they extend in further. You have to deal with the compressor mount I think.

The voyager ones are still very heavy duty though.

935679_10101167405641700_1682266378_n_zps8c3a0b49.jpg

914009_10101167405741500_1665054840_o_zps9c3544d2.jpg

LR34

Reaction score
The urban ones have more protection under the vehicle because they extend in further. You have to deal with the compressor mount I think.

The voyager ones are still very heavy duty though.

From what I can remember, the Urban sills don't extend much further underneath than the Voyager ones you show. The Urban also had no issue with the air compressor (at least on my 2013). The outriggers on the Urban might extend further from the side (I believe they are 5" out and the Voyagers are 4").

The Voyagers were my other choice but I ended up with Urban because 1) I am cheap so the $350 price difference was a factor, and 2) I wanted to install mud flaps and the slightly shorter length in the front of the Urbans would not interfere.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the voyager ones better. From the full length to having more lateral ties to not sticking out so much (I have little kids and don't want their little feet to go through). But it is quite a bit more. I'll have to think about t.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the voyager ones better. From the full length to having more lateral ties to not sticking out so much (I have little kids and don't want their little feet to go through). But it is quite a bit more. I'll have to think about t.
There are definitely things I liked about the Voyager sliders/steps. Also, remember, if you go with Urban Offroad, just tell him how you want the steps/out-riggers and he will accomodate with no problem or price increase (typically).

The other option, and I've seen these before, are from GN Vehicle Protection in the UK - they are pretty nice as steps and come with grip tape if you wish.

Best of luck!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I can remember, the Urban sills don't extend much further underneath than the Voyager ones you show. The Urban also had no issue with the air compressor (at least on my 2013). The outriggers on the Urban might extend further from the side (I believe they are 5" out and the Voyagers are 4").

The Voyagers were my other choice but I ended up with Urban because 1) I am cheap so the $350 price difference was a factor, and 2) I wanted to install mud flaps and the slightly shorter length in the front of the Urbans would not interfere.
The Urban ones do not interfere with the air compressor or EAS unit at all - he updated the design slightly for 2013. They don't extend much farther than the Voyager sliders. The Tactical Rover sliders offer the most protection and those definitely cover the EAS and you need to lift it for 2013. These are the best protection, but I would not go with them if you are looking only for a step.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are definitely things I liked about the Voyager sliders/steps. Also, remember, if you go with Urban Offroad, just tell him how you want the steps/out-riggers and he will accomodate with no problem or price increase (typically).

The other option, and I've seen these before, are from GN Vehicle Protection in the UK - they are pretty nice as steps and come with grip tape if you wish.

Best of luck!

Thanks. And thanks for the photos.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9