Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR34

Reaction score
I like the voyager ones better. From the full length to having more lateral ties to not sticking out so much (I have little kids and don't want their little feet to go through). But it is quite a bit more. I'll have to think about t.

I can understand the feet catching thing. Small feet may catch with either. As others mentioned, Derek at Urban is great to work with so you may be able to request a special order that may or may not cost extra. I had him shorten the amount the outriggers on mine stick out by 1/2" (i probably could have gone a full inch and still protected the widest part of the doors, but that is only needed if you are concerned about trees and pillars as opposed to lower obsticles like rocks) . Also, he may be able to weld some sort of plate on top of the outriggers. Possibly a perforated steel. Then no feet would get caught and they could be used as a step.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can understand the feet catching thing. Small feet may catch with either. As others mentioned, Derek at Urban is great to work with so you may be able to request a special order that may or may not cost extra. I had him shorten the amount the outriggers on mine stick out by 1/2" (i probably could have gone a full inch and still protected the widest part of the doors, but that is only needed if you are concerned about trees and pillars as opposed to lower obsticles like rocks) . Also, he may be able to weld some sort of plate on top of the outriggers. Possibly a perforated steel. Then no feet would get caught and they could be used as a step.

I was thinking the same thing. I will contact him, thanks.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful about what you use for flooring/step material though. Most steel grid that you might use would rust like crazy. it is hard to powder coat all the little edges and places rust can form.

I have a 2 and 4 year old, my 2 year old can't climb it yet, but my 4 year old has no issues with it. I would imagine if she got her foot sideways it might slip in, but so far she hasn't had issues. I may need to put grip tape on for winter.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful about what you use for flooring/step material though. Most steel grid that you might use would rust like crazy. it is hard to powder coat all the little edges and places rust can form.

I have a 2 and 4 year old, my 2 year old can't climb it yet, but my 4 year old has no issues with it. I would imagine if she got her foot sideways it might slip in, but so far she hasn't had issues. I may need to put grip tape on for winter.

I don't think it will be an issue. I also don't want to add more weight and more importantly, more places for crap to settle on and promote corrosion.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9