Service engine light after seafoam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2000 Disco series II with 92,000. It was running a little rough so I decided to try the seafoam treatment. All was fine but afterwards the "service engine soon" light came on. The light was never on before. I am sure that it is due to the seafoam. The engine bogged a little as I was adding it and probably did misfire a few times. Can this code be reset by me or will it eventually go off. Or can autozone or someone reset it for me? Thanks in advance.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autozone can reset it for you, and the light should not come back on unless you uncovered a problem. Before Autozone or whoever resets the code(s), write them down and post them and we can help with explanation and diagnosis.

Andy

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I knew that Autozne but I wasn't sure if they could clear it. I am 99.9% sure it was the stalling that I caused with the seafoam. But it was worth it to fill the neighborhood with smoke.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
It will also reset itself after so many cycles without issues. Normaly 15 to 20 starts and stops of the engine.

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, Thanks a bunch. I'll let it go a few more days and then visit Autozone.

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I was freaking out for nothing. This morning I went out to leave home and I started the truck and drove for about 10 minutes when I realized the light was out. I don't remember exactly how many times I had started it but it was probably around 10-15. Or maybe it was just from sitting all night. Thanks for all the help and info.
Mark

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear all is well

J

john65b

Was the seafoam added to gas or oil? I have added it to my full tank of gas and had no major smoke or smoke issues...I know there are many uses of seafoam....

D

drnknmnky13

john65b said:
Was the seafoam added to gas or oil? I have added it to my full tank of gas and had no major smoke or smoke issues...I know there are many uses of seafoam....

You add it through the air intake system. It causes a huge white cloud. The neighbors looked at me funny when I said "it's supposed to do that". Reset the engine light and been happy since.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635