Suspension creaking squawking

Discussion in 'LR4' started by quirozson, Apr 2, 2019.

1. quirozson

quirozson Active Member

bushings were torqued at ride height (465mm)

2. quirozson

quirozson Active Member

Update #2 for the benefit of this community:

My brand new Eurospare Control Arms were leaking, however, that was not making the clunking noise. Ironically, if it weren't for the clunk I wouldn't have looked under the car to see the dripping oil/grease. So replacing those were a PITA but necessary.

Control arms were replaced a second time with genuine Land Rover control arms from RMEuropean.

The single loud clunk while turning left was caused by a left sway war bushing clamp nut that was loose. This nut is hard to reach without an extra extra deep offset box wrench. Originally I got it pretty tight, but nowhere near the 85 ft/lbs it needs.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  3. brad carlton

brad carlton Member

Sounds like binding sway bar bushings. Remove clamps, grease the snot out of the bushing with Long Life grease or Viper Lube and reinstall. Had this issue with my Jaguar and it was very annoying going over bumps at slow speed. Creaking and squeeking.

Hazet offset wrench will probably reach it, probably 13mm or 9/16sae. Or buy a cheapo at harbor freight and get it on the bench vise and hammer it into shape.