the LR4 19inch tire dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silvajt

Reaction score
Just got Continental Terraincontact A/T 255/55 R19 mounted. Here are a couple pictures. Can't provide feedback at this time since I've only had them since Friday. Enjoy.

5fb38eda71dbe7a49fb9493694010023.jpg
8b970f6c6cd748815d77011e3583fc34.jpg
84f52f783fd098690d79e3636d5feb97.jpg
ae2b4c520487ee1eaa182e999f9bb08d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@nymoto , can you post which GY tires you have and maybe a picture of your wheels?

I really liked the look of yours and when I searched online I couldn't find any pictures of them in our size. Wasn't sure if this was the model already being discussed earlier in this thread.

Thanks!

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@nymoto , can you post which GY tires you have and maybe a picture of your wheels?

I really liked the look of yours and when I searched online I couldn't find any pictures of them in our size. Wasn't sure if this was the model already being discussed earlier in this thread.

Thanks!
Looking for the GY Duratracs on a 19"?

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Brian. That's a nice looking tire and the beefiest I have seen in person on our 19" wheels. Even in your picture the sidewall seems too big for the tire size.

I'll have to consider those when I'm up for new rubber. If there is really a 1.5mpg hit on the highway, though, I may stick with a slicker looking tire. Love the aggressive look of those, though, with no trimming or lift mods required.

Are they lumpy after sitting a while? With the original GY OE on my '05, I found that the nylon belt would develop flat spots. I'd have to drive a bit to get them out after the truck was parked for awhile.

Last edited:

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Brian. That's a nice looking tire and the beefiest I have seen in person on our 19" wheels. Even in you picture the sidewall seems too big for the tire size.

I'll have to consider those when I'm up for new rubber. If there is really a 1.5mpg hit on the highway, though, I may stick with a slicker looking tire. Love the aggressive look of those, though, with no trimming or lift mods required.

Are they lumpy after sitting a while? With the original GY OE on my '05, I found that the nylon belt would develop flat spots. I'd have to drive a bit to get them out after the truck was parked for awhile.

I've been really happy with them, I think they ride rather well but I only have the stock contis to compare them to. My dash currently says I'm getting 19.3 mpg, not sure where it should be, don't pay much attention. I haven't experienced any lumpy spots yet, I do know that they are absolutely amazing in the coquina sand though. Taking them through the mountains in a couple weeks when I go up to north carolina.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife has the Duratracs in 255/55/19 on her 08 RR and they are great tires. No flat spots, smooth ride. The only downside would be that they do hum on the highway and it does get louder as they wear. We have about 20,000 miles on them andd they still perform great in all conditions, she does not go off-road however. She does not even hear the noise (or does not care) where I do hear it, but its not as loud as most mud-terrain tires. We put them on right after getting the RR, so I do not know if the mileage is worse compared to the ones it came with....

thebigtruck

Reaction score
Brian, others: Notice you have Q speed rating on your tires (V recommended) and the Duratracs are only sold in Q. Any guidance on this. Seems GY had an S but no longer offer it.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
@thebigtruck - I have the Duratracs on 19"s and the Q rating is really for reaching and maintaining speeds up to 99 mph. I've gone past that speed limitation to pass a car for a short period of time and I didn't notice any issues, because the UTQG grade is 500/B/B. Where the last B is rated for 100-115 mph temperatures. Again, I don't condone driving 100+, but if you do it for a short burst it'll be fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV