What kind of leak is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'm doing the rear crossover pipe, $680 in parts but the local dealer had it in stock even though the pipe is on back order. What tool is needed for this hose clamp and what line is it, is that the oil line? It looks like there is a breather of some sort on it?

XAZmYtq.jpg

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Careful with that bleed screw. They like to disintegrate, my screw is held in pace with JB weld.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Careful with that bleed screw. They like to disintegrate, my screw is held in pace with JB weld.

Similar issue with mine -- there's a bmw one that fits -- part 17111712788 and might not hurt to have on hand before he starts. There's also some brass versions of the same part that should be more reliable. I think the little o-ring at the top is what does the real sealing and those will fall apart with age.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I was planning on detaching the hose at the clamp, but I haven't done this job before. Will I need to unscrew the bleed screw or can I just leave it alone? I didn't buy that part.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was planning on detaching the hose at the clamp, but I haven't done this job before. Will I need to unscrew the bleed screw or can I just leave it alone? I didn't buy that part.

You can remove the hose at the clamp but when you refill the cooling system, you'll need to bleed from there unless you have a vacuum filler. Your screw may be fine or it may be trashed. Hard to know until you try to remove.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can remove the hose at the clamp but when you refill the cooling system, you'll need to bleed from there unless you have a vacuum filler. Your screw may be fine or it may be trashed. Hard to know until you try to remove.

+1 vote for the vacuum filler. I bought a cheap one from Amazon and it was great. Did a radiator replacement and made filling my system a breeze, with no air bubbles or anything weird going on.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Similar issue with mine -- there's a bmw one that fits -- part 17111712788 and might not hurt to have on hand before he starts. There's also some brass versions of the same part that should be more reliable. I think the little o-ring at the top is what does the real sealing and those will fall apart with age.

Just ordered a brass one off of amazon. The JB weld fix had some orange crust around it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90