2013 LR4 I'm new need advice on wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the weight rating on those wheels?

What wheels are those?

KMC's?

I don't see anything on their website that's listed for an LR4.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It is very clear that there are only 3 "approved" options....Very few suggestions as to anything else. So yeah, i would say that is pretty useless...

Even KMC's website says they do not fit an LR4. Thanks for doing the legwork, but I've got a bone to pick:

Nobody has said there are only 3 or 4 "approved" options; people have said that those are the ones that are known to work. Beyond that, it takes trial and error because, as evidenced by KMC's own website, no other options are listed as working with an LR4. Trial and error = doing what you did.

Except you didn't quite go all the way. You were so eager to come on the forum and rub your discovery in peoples' faces that you didn't even state what wheels they were.

So check the attitude. Enjoy your wheels.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so it turns out there are plenty of wheel options if people are willing to at least look.....
Discoverer Rugged Trek 265/65-18's

View attachment 13161

View attachment 13162

Curious, do you have the full size LR4 calipers on this car, or did you (or a prior owner) swap them out for the LR3 calipers (or maybe shave down the LR4 calipers)? It’s in part the larger LR4 calipers that makes it so difficult finding wheels that fit (together with the right weight rating, offset, etc.). As mentioned above, KMC’s website lists the LR3 for fitment, but not the LR4. So it makes me wonder if you’re running smaller brakes.

goincoconuts

Reaction score
Finally found some frame horn issues. I purchased some TuffAnt steelies for my 2013 lr4. I bought some Goodrich MT KM3 265/60-18s. At full lock the tires hit the frame horns and the question of cutting and welding a plate to be flush with the tire well is an issue.

opinions and comments are welcome ... the question is what are the safety issues with cutting the frame horns by an inch?

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(Having some issues posting - sorry if you’re seeing duplicates)

If its just a little rubbing, personally I would just leave it. The tires will eventually wear down.

Would be good for the forum to know - are you running the ET27 Tuffants, or the ET44s?

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also would love to see your rig with pics of the KM3s. I’d also guess you should run them to see if they’ll wear in before cutting the horns. But from my limited understanding and speaking to a fabricator, frame chop with a new plate will not damage the frame. The GX460 guys do a lot of frame chops also for bigger rubber.

goincoconuts

Reaction score
I have the ET 27s offset and only 1 tire on a rim. The rubbing is only on the left/drivers side with
IMG_0644[1].JPG
IMG_0645[1].JPG
a slight rub. The pics show how much rub I get using one tire and will get a better idea when all are mounted.

The reason is they sent chrome lugs and I wanted black. TuffAnt was awesome about sending me a set of black lugs at no cost. I will post pics when I get them mounted.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. :cool:

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that’s it my feeling is that the tires will wear in a bit and rub goes away. You could avoid full lock pretty easily I bet.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks pretty minor if it’s only at full lock. Let us know how the rest fit.

I believe the ET27 is more likely to rub than the ET44’s - we have less data on the ET27s on this forum as I think that wheel is newer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA