2014/2015 LR4 Brake pad wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tucsontom

Reaction score
I see plenty of comments about how fast pads wear out. And the expense. As little as 12000 miles. When the LR4 was updated in 2014 - I believe so were the brakes/tire combos too? What pad replacement intervals are you 2014-2015 owners realizing?

tucsontom

Reaction score
Can you share your experience and frequency of brake and rotor replacement? I realize this varies with driving patterns and a lot of mine will be highway. Also - Do you think it is a good idea to get an extended warranty? From what I hear the LR4's actually do very well compared to previous models. Thanks for your response! Mine does not show up until July since I had to order it. It will be a 2016 apparently.

Lone Star landy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
83k miles and I'm on my third set of rotors and pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
28K and still on my first set. No warning lights but I need to do my 30K service in the next couple of weeks and will not be surprised if they tell me it is time to change. Off road season is ahead and I want everything ship shape.

BTW, my 28K miles are mostly highway as well since I don't commute.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pads and rotors are the same for all LR4s. I am at 55k on my 11' LR4 and have replaced both front and rear pads and rotors. I think the average is 30-40k depending on driving habits. I have seen some as low as 10-12k.
Don't take the dealers word for it, always get a second opinion if you are not confident to judge for yourself.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 at ~32k miles. Will need rear pads soonish, but fronts are good for another 10-15k at least.

The rotors are soft and the ***** is heavy.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 going on 28K miles still on original rotors and pads with no lights showing so far. 30K mile service due in August... we'll see what the dealer has to say. Last service they suggested to replace pads at 15K miles and I refused.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just completed my 30K service. Brakes and rotors deemed good for now and check again at next service interval. MY14.

TXLR4

Reaction score
2013 LR4 with about 28K miles. Light just came on saying "brake pads worn." I wish it told you if it was the front or back...

Been doing lots of reading on here. Sounds like the NAPA ultra premium rotors are a pretty good choice.

Do the rotors need to be replaced at the same time as the pads? I've heard these are a bit of a different beast. Thoughts?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo