Air Suspension head scratcher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still waiting....

Lucky8llc has always shipped almost instantly....looks like they may drop ship these from LR....who as I understand it from my dealer has them on back order. So frustrated.....want to fix it NOW!!!

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So new pipe and what else? Valve block or o'rings??? Curious!
I ordered a new rear valve block....I've tried new o-rings without much success....although in retrospect, it appears as though the valve block I "rebuilt" wasn't actually the problem.....soooooo the rings were probably just fine.

I also ordered the valve block to RR line, just to be safe.

On a completely separate note, I noticed when rebuilding the front valve block, there almost appears to be a space to drill and install additional bolts to hold the assembly together. This would provide clamping force on both sides of each solenoid....I've often wondered it the leaking is because the valve blocks warp a little over time. It's just a thought.

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume you have tried our usual LR on-line suppliers. Cary, Palm Beach, etc...
Not gonna lie, since the standard suppliers are usually the fastest to drain my wallet I tried the "aftermarket" usual suspects first, Atlantic British, RimmerBros, Roverland, and Lucky8llc.

According to the Lucky8LLC site, they had some in stock....but as it has yet to ship...I dunno. I'm reaching out to them now. They've always been super awesome so I'm not too worried....it's just a matter of time....that said, we're in the middle of an ice storm here in Memphis, so pretty much everything is shut down.

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part arrived yesterday...evidently, the front valve block I ordered for my other LR4 was on backorder. They were hiding to ship them both at the same time. I asked them to just ship what they had, and voila! I have a rear valve block!

....now, to find the time this week to get it installed....:oops:

Longtrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been waiting for this update... Good luck with that rear valve bad boy! Remember that silicon is your friend and also pay attention to the o'rings on the couplings.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I "rebuilt" my valve blocks and realized the rebuild kit was garbage, I just cleaned my old o-rings with silicone spray.

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been waiting for this update... Good luck with that rear valve bad boy! Remember that silicon is your friend and also pay attention to the o'rings on the couplings.
Luckily, the new valve block comes with new Voss orings...I mean seriously, given how much these things cost, they should be gold plated at least!

Yes, silicone is your friend...there's nothing worse than trying to take a fitting off, and for every turn of the wrench the fitting tightens itself back down cause the voss fitting won't slide on the tube! :motz:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV