Brake Rotor Screws

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brake Rotor Screws: Update

Folks ... is the screw that holds the brake rotor's to the hub a special size, or can it be gotten anywhere? It seems my two front's are seized onto the hub and I will be heating them up to remove them. I will be at my friends aftermarket Porsche Car garage with his wrench. Just need to know if I have to order from LR or pick them up anywhere.

Thanks, Jaak

2003 DII SE-7 With 45,500 Kilometers on the clock.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

capthook

Jaak said:
Folks ... is the screw that holds the brake rotor's to the hub a special size, or can it be gotten anywhere? It seems my two front's are seized onto the hub and I will be heating them up to remove them. I will be at my friends aftermarket Porsche Car garage with his wrench. Just need to know if I have to order from LR or pick them up anywhere.

Thanks, Jaak

2003 DII SE-7 With 45,500 Kilometers on the clock.

As far as I can remember, it standard mm and your Porsche friend should have it.

There is just a small screw securing disc to the drive flange. It's in the around the side / middle of the rotor. When you refit, tighten to 13nm (10lb f ft. torque)

Cheers

Capt

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks ... I think the factory used 100 foot pounds ..... we have to heat them up to replace the rotors ...... will attack it again tommorow night with the wrench helping. My 86 Porsche was easy .... screws came right out!

C

capthook

Jaak said:
Thanks ... I think the factory used 100 foot pounds ..... we have to heat them up to replace the rotors ...... will attack it again tommorow night with the wrench helping. My 86 Porsche was easy .... screws came right out!

Good Luck Jaak!

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
capthook said:
Good Luck Jaak!
Thanks ... I learned a new trick tonight. To get the screw loose take a ballpeen hammer and place the ball on the head of the screw. Strike the ballpeen with another hammer about 4 to 5 times. The screw comes out easily.

I replaced the rotor and pads with no additional problems. Dealer wanted $780 + Tax to do the fronts. I paid $342 with tax for the parts through my friends shop and used a fully equiped garage to do the work!!! The wrench was available if I needed him. He had to drop a tranny from a 2000 Boxter to replace a clutch. I ended up helping him.

As the song goes "On the road again". Happy trails folks!!!

C

capthook

awesome, glad to hear you're all set. Good advice on the screw, gonna have to do mine soon as well

cheers

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635