Maf

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadhead86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have the MAF out of the rig. Can anyone give me a step by step on how to take it apart and clean it properly. This is the first time Im attempting to do this, and I really dont wanna screw this up.

Josh

Deadhead86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and did that, and I did notice better power, but I was wondering if there was away to pull the actual sensor out of the housing. I cant imagine spraying cleaner into the duct, would have the same affect as the entire sensor being sprayed down.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The sensor unit is riveted into the housing, I sure you can drill it out, but not sure it would be worth the effort. Normally cleaning the MAF sensor is just a matter of getting the spray into the duct work to the sensor anyways... you can't touch the sensor or you can ruin it (the sensor being the little wire).

Deadhead86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, thats what I just went ahead and did. I wasnt in the mood to deal with me F'ing something up so I didnt even try. Thank you for the advice, as always Joey.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635