Rear Brake Job?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmotomn

Reaction score
LR dealer in Minneapolis quoted $400+ to do the rear brakes (new pads & resurface rotors) on our LR3. I'm just curious if this is the going rate???

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR dealer in Minneapolis quoted $400+ to do the rear brakes (new pads & resurface rotors) on our LR3. I'm just curious if this is the going rate???

I was quoted $600 for all four brake pads (I don't know if that included resurfacing the rotors), and my dealer is usually a bit cheaper that most of them that I see on here. So your quote sounds about par to me.

I think the general consensus is to just buy the brake pads from http://www.roverparts.com/ and install them yourself (if you are handy), or have an independent shop install them. A lot of people here like the EBC pads. My dealer advised me to use the genuine parts, because other pads can be harsh on the rotor.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all, Rover rotors are too thin and soft to resurface so you do what they want.
Why don't you go buy a good set of pads from Atlantic British and install them yourself, doubt you even need rotors, especially if the brakes are shaking when stopping hard.
Cost you around $70 and 1 hours time.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM