75k mile service - diff and transfer case fluid change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trinidad- I have the Febi in mine, also bought from RM.. I spoke with one of their techs, and he stated that chemically it was near identical to ZF.. 23k since I installed the new pan and it is running smooth as ever.. I am going to do another drain/refill in 7k more..

Wear gloves and a long sleeve shirt when you do the refill process. If you choose not to, you will remember me when your forearm touches the exhaust..

Good luck!

Mike
Thanks! Do you remember how much you ended up pumping in after draining? I bought 7 liters, figure that should be enough. Good to know about being equivalent, I figured the right LR part number on there was reassuring.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am assuming you put Synchromax in the xfer case? What did the rear locker take?

I don't have a rear locker on mine, as it's not an HD model. But I believe rear diffs that have the locker take the same oil as the transfer case.

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7 liters should be fine, I drained 5 liters and 5 went back in.. I have heard that if you leave it draining overnight, you can get another liter out of it.. I cannot confirm this, but I plan on trying it when do the refill..

Jazzy

Reaction score
Just replaced my transfer case and diff fluid in ‘12 LR4... purchased all fluids and new fill and drain plugs from Atlantic British for $175. Kit for LRs with rear lockers was $195 with all new plugs. If worried about condition of plugs, this may be a good option...

quirozson

Reaction score
Just for a laugh, I called a Land Rover dealership in-between Denver and Boulder to ask about buying some OEM transmission fluid and was quoted over $800 for 7 liters. LOL :confused:

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just for a laugh, I called a Land Rover dealership in-between Denver and Boulder to ask about buying some OEM transmission fluid and was quoted over $800 for 7 liters. LOL :confused:

Wow!

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get out! That can't be right. Did they quote you a transmission fluid change job by accident?

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that dealship! Superior Land Rover, I have their license plate frame on my rig! They seemed like pretty cool folks.. I hope they quoted the whole job for that- or they REALLY frown on others working on their own trucks..

Mike

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72