LR4 19” tire options!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No that is rookie approach. Best to have three sets of wheels lol. A street spring/summer/fall set. A winter set, An 18" off road set.

So true, I have 5 sets total. For my LR4:
- 20" with Michelin Defender tires for Spring & Fall
- 19" with Nokian Hakka R3 SUV tires for winter
- 19" with worn Cooper Zeon LTZ tires for July & August beach driving

For my wife's LR4:
- 20" with Michelin Defender tires for Spring, Summer & Fall
- 19" with Nokian Hakka R3 SUV tires for winter

Plus 2 sets of tires for our Honda Passport.

Jrkramer76

Reaction score
I asked a similar question last year and got some great feedback on the thread I linked below. There are also a lot of other 19 inch tire threads here worth searching out. Have a look, you will find some helpful information in there. FYI - I ended up with the Nokian 255/55R19 WRG3 SUV

Michilin, Goodyear or Nokian? (19")
Perfect!
Thank you

Jrkramer76

Reaction score
I'm coming up on one year running these Contis and I have no complaints. Great in around-town and long haul road driving. I have had them on the trails in easy to moderately difficult situations. I did cut one sidewall in a fluke incident in muddy offroad conditions, but I happily ordered a replacement when I got home. The TerrainContact A/T is a solid all-around 19" option for the LR4 for those who don't have specialty offroad needs.
Thank you

backcountryLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No that is rookie approach. Best to have three sets of wheels lol. A street spring/summer/fall set. A winter set, An 18" off road set.

lol, I finally pulled the trigger on Nokian Hakka R3 SUV for my 20” OEM wheels.

I have been running two sets of wheels/tires on my Infiniti for years.

The KO2s on my compos were just not good enough in the snow for all the winter driving I do through Utah, Montana, Idaho, Colorado and Wyoming to get all my ski days in.

I was sick of my Infiniti being better than a Land Rover in the snow.

I’m a little sad to go back to 20’s since I think they look ridiculous on this car, but hopefully it will be worth the extra traction and security. Stopping and turning this 3 ton beast on snow and ice was super unpredictable with the BFGs and I hope the Nokian are much better.

THUNDERBIRDSRGO

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade tires for this coming winter and the stock tires on my 2012 LR4 is 255/55/19
Which seems to not be that popular with the tire manufacturer community compared to 18” and 20” sizes..

What tires has anyone had luck with on their LR4’s? Thinking of Cooper Discoverer AT3’s?.. anything others I should be Looking at as well?

thanks ahead of time!

Hi, I know everyone has their choice, I still run with the same version of 255/55/19 goodyear tires that were fitted when I purchased my 2012

I do 80% onroad and 20% offload dirt and sand. They are truly quite, never been bogged in mud, sand, had any issues. Plus they are super quiet on the road and sticky in dry and wet conditions.

It all comes down to how you use the LR4 I guess.

Socialseb83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade tires for this coming winter and the stock tires on my 2012 LR4 is 255/55/19
Which seems to not be that popular with the tire manufacturer community compared to 18” and 20” sizes..

What tires has anyone had luck with on their LR4’s? Thinking of Cooper Discoverer AT3’s?.. anything others I should be Looking at as well?

thanks ahead of time!

Hi, I know everyone has their choice, I still run with the same version of 255/55/19 goodyear tires that were fitted when I purchased my 2012

I do 80% onroad and 20% offload dirt and sand. They are truly quite, never been bogged in mud, sand, had any issues. Plus they are super quiet on the road and sticky in dry and wet conditions.

It all comes down to how you use the LR4 I guess.

Your 80/20 sounds like what i will be doing as well haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

armozo

Reaction score
Hi all, I’ve had the Conti TereainContact ATs for a week now... it rained hard over the week and I experienced something concerning in hard rain. The front end of the car felt loose, at the edge of hydroplaning. I wasn’t going fast just around town driving 45mph.

Any of you got the same experience? With the old tires I replaced I never felt that. Thanks

Last edited:

hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I’ve had the Conti TereainContact ATs for a week now... it rained hard over the week and I experienced something concerning in hard rain. The front end of the car felt loose and squarely. I wasn’t going fast just around town driving 45mph.

Any of you got the same experience? With the old tires I replaced I never felt that. Thanks

Interesting. One of the main accolades you hear from owners of the TerrainContacts is how excellent their wet traction is. This seems unusual.

armozo

Reaction score
Reading all the accounts here and other reviews, I found it unusual too, but I could feel it through the steering wheel as if it was riding at the edge of hydroplaning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV