Regular Service - what's involved?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Besides changing the oil and checking coolant, brake, fluids, what are the normal service items for the V8? I am going to start doing my own since I am over 45k and want to make sure I do it all. Will be ordering filters and what not soon. What are good sources for that stuff?

If there's a thread out there already, I couldn't find it.

J.D.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is one huge mistake. Use the best oil and filter you can buy and read your owners manual for all that needs to be done.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a search for the Service interval sheet. As I recall the 46k is fairly major... If I get some time I'll scan the dealer check sheets and post them...
scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Last edited:

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also don't let the EPB adjustment scare you. If you pm me with your email address I'll send you the Brake repair/service instructions. Anybody that can do their own brakes can handle the epb adjustment...

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will never take my vehicles to a chain lube or brake shop. You are asking for trouble!! I had one shop sabotage my wife's (fiancee at the time) car because she told them not to replace the entire brake system on a four year old car that they claimed had severe wear, even all brake lines. So they sliced the serpentine belt so that it would fail quickly. The car left her stranded.

Back on track here - Thanks for the info, I will read it!! BTW Ryan, I am nearing the 52.5k service.

J.D.

Last edited:

buddaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
calm down people it was a joke. all my service has been done by land rover ventura and I have 60k trouble free miles. Breathe.

Last edited:

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
calm down people it was a joke. all my service has been done by land rover ventura and I have 60k trouble free miles. Breathe.

Whew!! I am happy for you at least. I was going to be watching for the "Jiffy Lube cross-threaded my oil pan plug" thread.

See those little emoticons over there when you reply---------->
They help portray your intent of your post. Something like this :tongue: or :aetsch: would have been appropriate.

J.D.

Hock

Reaction score
The prior owner of my LR3 had about $600 worth of things done at Jiffy before trading in to the dealer in the early summer of this year. Actually my LR3 is very healthy right now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99