Removing Dash Pod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

123Guy123Guy

Reaction score
How do you remove the dash pod on a 99 Disco? It looks and feels like there's not much holding in place, but I don't want to break something.

sandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is alot involved in removing the dashboard.

but the center part with the radio takes under an hour.

why do you want to know.

123Guy123Guy

Reaction score
there is alot involved in removing the dashboard.

but the center part with the radio takes under an hour.

why do you want to know.
It's not the entire dash, just the pod that sits on top of the dash directly in front of the steering wheel, and actually I don't need to remove it, it's loose and I need to reattach it.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
two screws are all that hold it in place, then two clips in the back.... mine is broken at the screws, so nothing really keeping it there.

Chongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Joey

Hi Joey......... As normal you got it right....... I got a quick question about the front two clips on the dash pod. The stealership I took it to for warranty service ( Land Rover encino ), broke both front clips on the top piece of the pod dash. Have you had any success in repairing it or just replace it ? and what glues did you use if so........ Hey thanks, cool garage............... I posted it here because it has to do with the dash pod......................Chongo :bandit:

123Guy123Guy

Reaction score
two screws are all that hold it in place, then two clips in the back.... mine is broken at the screws, so nothing really keeping it there.

Thanks Joey, that may be the problem - I assume the two screw holes are near the bottom of the pod as there are a couple of holes there.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
haven't tried to repair or replace them yet... if the look to be removable... I would have to go out and look, can't remember... order them from Will Tillery @ roverguy.com if they are not... velcro

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635